General Maintenance Engineer
Company: Yavapai Regional Medical Center
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Job Summary The General Maintenance Engineer supports the vision of the Total Healing Environment and the values of respect, integrity, accountability, commitment and quality while performing a variety of duties in and around the Hospital complex relating to building operations and maintenance, carpentry and painting, completion of repairs on maintenance machinery and mechanical equipment and assisting tradesmen and other workmen in completing their tasks as assigned. Job Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- High School graduate or GED
- Must have courses in basic building operations, maintenance, carpentry or painting trades and/or equivalent experience or training in one or more of the above trades
- Minimum of one-three years of experience in one or more of the trades; may consider experience performing related mechanical and/or electrical work including troubleshooting skills
- Must have knowledge in one or more of the following: building maintenance techniques, mechanical systems, i.e., steam and hot water boilers, air conditioning systems, plumbing, heating systems, sanitation, refrigeration, electrical systems, carpentry and painting techniques
- Must work independently with minimal supervision and be able to respond to emergency call on off-duty hours
- Ability to work in cramped quarters and awkward positions; ability to lift and carry equipment and materials weighing up to 100 lbs.; and the ability to climb and balance on ladders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer service
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous healthcare experience *Must pass pre-employment screening Company Overview Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Our healing network includes two full-service acute care hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, the YRMC Wellness Center and the YRMC Outpatient Services Building. YRMC's unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile service area and includes cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, a comprehensive Women's Health Pavilion and Arizona's only Patient Blood Management Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for quality and has earned national recognition as an exceptional provider of care. Our MissionTo provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare consistent with our communities' needs.Our VisionCreating a "Total Healing Environment" wherein the people of YRMC work in partnership with the patients and their families seeking peace of mind and peace of heart as well as physical cures or comfort because we understand the indivisible relationship that exists between body, mind and the human spirit. Our ValuesRespect: Behaving in a way that honors self and others.Integrity: Being consistent and honest in word and deed. Accountability: Following through and being answerable for one's performance.Commitment: Demonstrating dedication to one's work, personal development, the organization, the Mission and the Vision.Quality: Providing service excellence.
Keywords: Yavapai Regional Medical Center, Buckeye , General Maintenance Engineer, Professions , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!