Executive Director of Special Programs
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: May 17, 2022
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL PROGRAMS (#5142)
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted : January 21, 2022
- Starting Date: Immediately Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
Description Job Goal The Executive Director of Special Programs
provides leadership in planning, developing, coordinating and
evaluating special programs curriculum and instruction for grades
PS-8. In addition the Director provides leadership for special
education programs in the district, including planning, developing
and evaluating to ensure the District is compliance with all state
and federal laws pertaining to special education. Serve as the
responsible line administrator for student support services.
- Hold an Arizona Administrative Certificate in accordance with
the requirements of the Arizona Department of education.
- Have a Master's Degree from an accredited college or
- Have at least five (5) years of successful
teaching/administrative experience and two (2) years of excellent
administrative experience as a Supervisor, Director or Assistant
- Experience in special education.
- Broad knowledge of the principals and practices of school
administration and of current educational trends in special
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with students,
parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds
in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job.
- Demonstrate integrity of confidential information relating to
student, staff, or District patrons.
- Evidence of ability to effectively use technology to perform
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable. Performance Responsibilities
- Coordinate the services of coordinators, school psychologists,
counselors, school nurses, community liaisons, related services
special education personnel, special education teachers, and other
- Assist in the screening and interviewing process for special
education staff and related services staff.
- Monitor and make recommendations on staff needs for special
programs and related services.
- Develop tentative budget for programs, and coordinating with
Finance Director and State & Federal Programs Director maintaining
such controls and reports as may be required or warranted for the
efficient operation of the department.
- Responsible for IDEA and 504 Law Compliance.
- Recommend to the Assistant Superintendent of Academic Programs
and Professional Learning the establishment of such policies as
would provide for the efficient and progressive operation of the
Special Programs Department.
- Coordinate the activities of this department with other
departments, schools and outside agencies as necessary; administer
special student programs to school level administrators through the
appropriate channels, when applicable.
- Coordinate and monitor special education programs and implement
special education curriculum in cooperation with the appropriate
- Coordinate the testing and evaluation procedures and programs
of the teachers assuring that such programs are conducted within
the guidelines of state mandates and district policy and use the
generally accepted professional criteria and techniques.
- Coordinate the operation of health and health consultation
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff in
accordance with district policy.
- Responsible for staff development for special education program
staff throughout the district.
- Direct and maintain a central record function for the
- Serve as a member of the District Leadership Team to assist in
establishing goals and direction in accordance with the districts,
policies, regulations, procedures and planning processes.
- Design or enhance special programs including PBIS and RTI, as
well as evaluate the effectiveness of these programs.
- Provide support for school discipline processes and
- Attend Governing Board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned. Reports to: -Asst. Supt. of
-Leadership & Learning - Supervises: Special Programs Director,
Special Education Coordinator, District Nurse, Psychologists,
Counselors, Related Services, Administrative Assistant, SPED Clerks
Terms of Employment
- Exempt, 12-month position
- 2022-2023 District Calendar
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Categories : Administrator >
Administrator > Special Education Director
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Buckeye , Executive Director of Special Programs, Executive , Buckeye, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!