Director of Instruction
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: February 24, 2021
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : February 12, 2021 Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
Description Buckeye Elementary School District Job Description ---
Director of Instruction (New School) CATEGORY: Certified TITLE:
Director of Instruction (New School) REPORTS TO: Executive Director
of Curriculum and Assessment JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of
Instruction guides the implementation of effective and innovative
pedagogical practices in the classroom with a focus on schools new
to the district . Director is also a key figure in recognizing,
developing, and implementing effective, continuing and supportive
staff development to promote student academic achievement. The
director is also responsible for the planning, articulation,
implementation, and systematic review of the standards-based scope
and sequence in all subject areas to meet the needs of all
learners. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hold an Arizona Administrative Certificate in accordance with
the requirements of the Arizona Department of Education.--
- Have a Master's Degree from an accredited college or
- Have at least five (5) years of successful
teaching/administrative experience and two (2) years of excellent
administrative experience as a Supervisor, Director or Vice
- Have experience with curriculum development, standards, and
- Have experience in educational leadership, classroom management
techniques and a variety of effective instructional
- Have experience with supervision and evaluation of
administrative positions, instructional, and support staff.
- Have knowledge of and the ability to effectively share best
instructional practices helping all students achieve high
- Have knowledge of and experience implementing effective
technology programs and initiatives to support teacher instruction
and student learning.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and
interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff,
administration, parents, and the community.
- Ability to motivate staff to maintain the highest standards of
performance for themselves and students.
- Demonstrate proven participatory management, problem solving
and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with students,
parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds
in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job.
- Demonstrate integrity of confidential information relating to
student, staff, or District patrons.
- Evidence of ability to effectively use technology to perform
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential
functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act,
may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and
other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a
comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities performed
by incumbents of this class.)-- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Oversight, coaching and implementation of innovative programs
at John S. McCain Elementary School.
- Work closely with other administrators to encourage the use of
a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with
research on learning and child growth and development.
- Provide educational leadership and coordination in the
development of curriculum and the implementation of instructional
programs including the evaluation of classroom instruction on a
- Provide educational leadership for assigned programs,
- Focus on individual student performance;
- Clear procedures with consistent and fair application of
policies and regulations;
- Vertical and horizontal articulation of skills and content
- Effective and efficient utilization of instructional resources;
- Coordination of services with community agencies.
- Work effectively with other administrators to coordinate,
develop, implement, and evaluate programs in a strategic and
purposeful manner that is reflective and mindful of the varying
needs of the population of students that are served.
- Assist the Executive Director of Curriculum and Assessment with
implementation of plans and strategies to improve student
- Work closely with the administrative team to support school
improvement initiatives and processes.
- Monitor the purchasing of instructional materials and
- Oversee the adoption process for district curricular
- Work with district stakeholders to identify, develop, and
support the implementation of key district instructional technology
initiatives and programs.
- Initiate the development of programmatic goals and
instructional objectives on a district wide basis.--
- Assist in the annual updating and ongoing publication of
District curriculum guides, supervise curricular programs and
manage their continuing review, evaluation and improvement.
- Work with staff in establishing procedures for the continuing
assessment of program accomplishments in relation to instructional
objectives. Provide leadership to staff in annually identifying
program strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborate with other members of the Curriculum, Instruction
and Assessment Department to establish a systemic approach to
curriculum and instructional planning, development, implementation,
and evaluation including effective classroom management.
- Provide structure for periodic measurement and evaluation of
the success of academic support programs in term of the educational
growth and achievement of students.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive
relationships with the administration, instructional staff,
students, parents, and representatives of resource agencies within
- Represent the district in a professional manner, and in the
best interests of the district.
- Perform additional duties and accept other responsibilities as
may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent for Educational
Services. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described
here are representative of those which must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit,
stand, walk, speak, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed
material, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up
to fifty (50) pounds, such as boxes, supplies, etc. The position
requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several
people and to interact with the public and other staff. WORKING
ENVIRONMENT: Office, some travel to school sites, meetings and
professional development activities. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately
high during the school day. There may be periods of recurring
stress in the performance of this job. EVALUATION: Performance to
be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Category : Administrator >
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Buckeye , Director of Instruction, Executive , Buckeye, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!